As the Daggett County Facilities Department our goal is to support the functionality, safety, and sustainability of all the buildings, grounds, and infrastructure owned by the County.
Overall Goals of the Facilities Department
- Capital project planning and management
- Maintain the aesthetics & functionality of all County properties
- Mitigate risk throughout all the County Departments, Buildings, and Grounds.
- Implement and maintain a preventative maintenance program to avoid costly repair and replacement but to also ensure uninterrupted reliability.
Duties of the Facilities Department
- We maintain all the County owned Grounds including the property around the County Courthouse, Manila Cemetery, Daggett County Park, Daggett County Rodeo Grounds, along with other grounds throughout Daggett County. Some of our grounds keeping duties include mowing lawns, trimming weeds, raking leaves, trimming trees, bushes, shrubs, and hedges. We also irrigate and water all of the aesthetic or functional grounds that require such.
- We perform maintenance and upkeep of all the county buildings using skills in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, painting, welding, and housekeeping. We execute preventative maintenance on all the facilities to ensure larger more expensive problems are avoided.