Property Tax Information
How Do I find out how much I owe for Property Taxes?
A Disclosure Notice is sent out in July to all property owners, unfortunately this is not the final notice of what your taxes will be for the year. If you do not receive your Disclosure Notice, please contact the Auditor/Recorder's Office at 435-784-3210 ext. 405. The final rates and taxes are set in September and then the Tax notices are sent out in October. If you do not receive your Tax Notice, please contact the Clerk Treasurer's Office at 435-784-3154. You have two options for checking your taxes and both require your parcel number: the first is COINS and the other is Instant Payments
When Are Property Taxes Due?
Real Property Taxes are due November 30 of any given year unless that date falls on a weekend, then it is due the following Monday. In 2018, current year taxes were due Nov 30th. Tax notices are sent out no later than October 20th of each year, so if you do not receive your Notice, please contact the Treasurer's Office by November 1st. It is the taxpayer's responsibility to keep their mailing address up-to-date.
How to Pay Your Property Tax
1. Pay online with an E-check through Instant Payments. Make a Quick One-time Payment or sign up to make Recurring Payments. There is a $.75 fee charged by Instant Payments for each payment. A separate payment is needed for each parcel. Recurring Payments give you the most latitude and flexibility!
2. Pay online or by phone with a debit/credit card through Instant Payments links (Quick One-time Payment or Recurring Payments) or by phone call 1-800-764-0844.There is a 2.5% or a minimum of $2.50 fee charged by Instant Payments depending on the amount of taxes owed. A separate payment is needed for each parcel.
3. Send a check or money order payable to Daggett County Treasurer and addressed to: PO Box 400, Manila, UT 84046. Please note your parcel number(s) on the check. You may pay for more than one parcel per check!
4. Pay by cash, check, money order or debit/credit card at our office in the Daggett County Courthouse, 95 North 1st West in Manila, Utah. A 2.5% convenience fee from Instant Payments will be applied to each parcel for debit/credit card purchases.
5. Auto bill pay for 2019: When you register for Auto bill pay through the Quick One-time Payment or Recurring Payments links, the program will use the previous year's tax amount and split it up into 10 payments that are automatically withdrawn from your bank account or card. The first nine payments will be withdrawn each month February through September on the day of the month that you choose. After you receive your tax bill in October, the final payment will cover all remaining taxes and will be withdrawn around November 15th (taxes are due November 30th). You will receive an email reminding you of each payment before they are withdrawn. Convenience fees apply. You can discontinue the program at anytime by contacting Instant Payments at 800-764-0844 or if you signed up under the Recurring Payments link you can discontinue online through your account or change payment amounts if your situations change. The program will carry over to the next year automatically unless you notify the follow one of these methods to discontinue payments.
6. Prepayment Coupons for 2019: The Treasurer's office will mail out coupon booklets to taxpayers who requested them (email us to request coupons or let us know if you no longer need them) in mid January. If you do not receive your coupon book by the January, 31st, 2019, please contact the Clerk-Treasurer's Office at 435-784-3154. Coupons are based on the previous year's taxes and are divided into 10 payments. The taxpayer receives 9 coupons to be paid monthly from January to September with the 10th remaining tax payment appearing on the October Tax Notice. The Tax Notice payment is the 10th payment and will be slightly different as the current year taxes (tax rates and property values) are not finalized until September. Another option instead of mailing in your prepayment checks, is to set up automatic monthly payments from your bank account or credit card through Auto Bill Pay (see above). You are not required to make these payments, but they are helpful in spreading out your tax bill through the entire year instead of having to make one large lump sum payment in October or November.
2018 Taxes not paid in full are now delinquent. This is the 2018 Delinquent list as of 12/31/2018 (PDF) . Taxes have now incurred a $10 or 1% penalty. Taxes not paid by January 31, 2019 will see that penalty raised to 2.5% and will be charged interest of 7.25% starting January 1, 2019. Please call the Clerk/Treasurer's office at 435-784-3154 if you have any questions. We can also be reached by email at Clerk/Treasurer . We will be closed New Year's Day!! Have a safe and enjoyable Holiday!!
This page last updated: 12/31/2018