|Chief Election Officer
The County Clerk has the responsibility for running the Federal, State and County Elections effecting the County Residents.
You can review the 2016 Notice of Election online or you can come into the Clerk's Office and receive more information. This year begins the new change in Utah Code specifically on the different options open to you on how you can register as a candidate.
Pursuant to Utah Code Section 20A-5-101, candidates must file in the Lieutenant Governor’s Office or the County Clerk’s Office of their County of residence from:
- The Declaration of Candidacy Filing period for qualified political party candidates begins on Friday, March 11, 2016 and ends at 5:00 p.m., Thursday, March 17, 2016 and;
- The Declaration of Candidacy filing period for state and local school board candidates begins on Monday, January 4, 2016 and ends at 5:00 p.m., Thursday, March 17, 2016, and;
- The Declaration of Candidacy filing period for Justices and Judges of a Court of record begins Friday, April 1, 2016 and ends at 5:00 p.m., Friday, April 15, 2016, and;
- The Declaration of Intent to Gather Signatures period for qualified political party candidates begins on Monday, January 4, 2016 and ends at 5:00 p.m., Thursday, March 17, 2016 and:
- Candidates must submit nomination petition signatures no later than 14 days before the day on which the qualified political party holds its convention to select candidates for the elective office.
Please visit us again as we will be updating this with more information as it becomes available.
PO Box 400
95 North 100 West
Manila, UT 84046
Phone: (435) 784-3154
Fax: (435) 784-3335
Monday – Friday
9:00 am – 12:00 pm & 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm